Mrs M Keeling
This subject sits nicely alongside Business or Retail qualifications. These allow a student who is successful in these subjects to be better prepared for the hairdressing world of work.
Do not think that you will be cutting hair for the rest of your life. Hairdressing is a very competitive business and people move up the ladder quickly. There are lots of opportunities to go into management, training or business.
2015 KS5 Results (Year 12)
- 80% Distinction* - Pass
2015 KS4 Results
- 100% A* - C or equiv
- 100% 3+ levels progress
- 63% 4+ levels progress
We have our own salon-classroom, located in "Enterprise House" - an old house shared between Lincoln Castle Academy and St Francis School, which has been modified to provide specialist facilities.
Key Stage 5
- For those who have studied Level 2, the Level 3 Awards/Diploma cover more complex work and will help you develop your supervisory skills
- Those who have an interest and aptitude for the subject will enjoy the challenge
- At Level 3 the qualifications suit more experienced hairdressers and those with Level 2 experience
- We offer you a range of short specialist awards or a diploma qualification if you want to learn or develop a new technique that interests you
- A City and Guilds hairdressing qualification is proof that you have the right skills to do your job well, which is why so many employers look for people who have one
- You can be confident your qualification is well respected within the Hairdressing industry.
What skills will I gain from studying Hairdressing ?
The key skills are observing, recording and being able to put information into practice. Students will be taught skill areas through separate awards (if appropriate) including advanced colouring and cutting techniques.
How will I be assessed?
You learn through practical sessions, group discussions or assignments. You will have access to a realistic hairdressing environment where you will practice and demonstrate your skills.
Our Ethos and Values
At Lincoln Castle Academy, we value:
Hard work, perseverance and academic excellence
The development of character, compassion and responsible citizenship
Ourselves, each other and boundless ambition